Full Upcoming Content
 Upcoming Content
In the coming time we'll be dealing with new cards hitting the game and those with even the slightest reason of mbeing mentioned will be mentioned here.
 Fire Kings
The Fire King Archetype is an Archetype whom is being released in the TCG on February 8 2013. The Fire Kings have started a small hype, not as big as more recently released archetypes in Strcuture Decks. Unlike what many people think, they can pack a hell of a punch. So what makes the Fire Kings the Fire Kings? The monsters of this archetype get to activate their effects when destroyed by battle or effect. The Spell Cards of this archetype support this.
So who are our 4 stars and what are their effects?
The hungry boss monster
- Fire King High Avatar Garunix
- Winged Beast
- Level 8
- ATK: 2700; DEF: 1700
- Effect: During the next Standby Phase after this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. When you do: Destroy all other monsters on the field. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Fire King" monster from your Deck, except "Fire King High Avatar Garunix."
The searching lion
- Fire King Avatar Barong
- Level 4
- ATK: 1800; DEF: 200
- Effect: If a Face-Up "Fire King" monster you control is destroyed by a card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. During the next Standby Phase after this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Add 1 "Fire King" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Fire King Avatar Barong".
The grave digger
- Fire King Avatar Qilin
- Level 3
- ATK: 1000; DEF: 200
- Effect: If a Face-Up "Fire King" monster you control is destroyed by a card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Send 1 FIRE monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.
The beasty nightmare
- Fire King Avatar Yaksha
- Level 4
- ATK: 1800; DEF: 200
- Effect: If a Face-Up "Fire King" monster you control is destroyed by a card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can destroy 1 card in your hand or on your field. This effect of "Fire King Avatar Yaksha" can only be activated once per turn.
With so much destruction going on, you wouldn't even dare using a Dark Hole against them. If that weren't enough, all 3 lower leveled monsters Special Summon themselves from the hand when a Fire King is destroyed maintaining field presence. Spells and Traps can be quite a nuisance when your monsters are a flying Dark Hole, a searcher, a Foolish Burial and a field/hand destroyer. In a strange way you can say that the Fire Kings have another phoenix member who does not carry the Fire King name and is alot older then this archetype. Off course I'm talking about the Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys. His effect is a little slower but just as annoying. He only summons himself during your next Standby Phase while Garunix simply does it during THE next Standby Phase. Whereas Garunix is the Dark Hole, Nephthys is the Heavy Storm of this Archetype in a way.
Next to already amazing monsters, they also have 2 very powerful spells. Lets take a look at them:
- Onslaught of the Fire Kings
- Normal Spell
- Effect: If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters: Special Summon 1 FIRE Beast/Beast-Warrior/Winged Beast-Type monster from your Deck, but its effects are negated and it will be destroyed during the End Phase. You can only activate 1 "Onslaught of the Fire Kings" per turn.
- Fire Kings' Fire Ring
- Quick-Play Spells
- Effect: Target 1 FIRE monster you control and 1 FIRE monster in your Graveyard; destroy the first monster, and if you do, Special Summon the second monster from your Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Fire Kings' Fire Ring" per turn.
Onslaught is an amazing spell, not only in a Fire King deck, but in any deck was uses Beasts, Beast-Warriors and Winged Beasts (think of Blackwing and Fire Fist). But only the Fire Fists can turn the destruction during the End Phase in a good thing as their efefcts are grave effects, making sure they can still use their effects. The Fire Ring can start something that is sometimes reffered to as the Phoenix Loop. You destroy a Garunix you control to summon another, making sure you have a free Dark Hole during every turn.
Be amazed and do not underestimate these fiery creatures of legend or your future will simply burn away.
 Suppressor Dragons
The Suppressor Dragons are 4 cards that are/will be released in Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy. All 4 have exactly the same type of text and effect with the exception of one line.
You can banish 2 Dragon-Type or (element Attribute) monsters from your hand or Graveyard, except this card; Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. During your opponent's End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Return it to the hand. You can send this card and 1 other (element Attribute) monster from your hand to the Graveyard to (effect which puts them apart from the others). Add 1 (element Attribute) Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use the effect of "(this monster)" once per turn.
So lets round up our 4 stars:
And what do they all do to define themselves from the others?
Lets start with Tempest:
You can send this card and 1 other WIND monster from your hand to the Graveyard; add 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand
And now Blaster:
You can send this card and 1 other FIRE monster from your hand to the Graveyard to target 1 card on the field; destroy that target
Followed by Tidal:
You can send this card and 1 other WATER monster from your hand to the Graveyard; send 1 monster from your Deck to the Graveyard
And last but not least, Redox:
You can send this card and 1 other EARTH monster from your hand to the Graveyard to target 1 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.
The existance of these cards will most likely bring a small stir in the Dragon world of Yu-Gi-Oh! but these powerful monsters will bring back the bite making sure Chaos Dragon is not the only Dragon Deck to fear!